JR Machine Employees Explore New Machining Technologies at “Innovation Days”
Earlier this month, JR Machine traveled to DMG / MORI’s U.S. headquarters in Hoffman Estates, IL for the machine tool manufacturer’s “Innovation Days.” The event aims to help manufacturers remain competitive, showcasing the latest technologies in DMG / MORI’s catalog via demonstrations, seminars and consultations.
DMG / MORI is a leading global provider of machine tools, turning centers and lathes for customers in every industry. The company is JR Machine’s sole supplier and partner in state-of-the-art CNC machine tools.
Highlights from JR Machine’s experience at Innovation Days include:
- A private consultation with DMG / MORI to identify solutions and optimize productivity through automation and connectivity
- A hands-on workshop focused on CELOS for digital manufacturing in the age of Industry 4.0
- A guided “Technology Tour” showcasing DMG / MORI’s emerging digital technology updates (aimed at improving the manufacturing process and maximizing productivity)
- A DMG / MORI facility tour accompanied by CNC machine tool demos
- A presentation by DMG / MORI’s Jeff Smith and John Genrich highlighting the opportunities for anyone working within or entering the manufacturing industry
- Through Innovation Days, DMG / MORI looks to help younger generations see manufacturing in a new light. In demonstrating the latest trends and advancements, attendees are shown manufacturing isn’t the dirty industry it once was.
- Employees also learned how JR Machine supports its staff with technology investments and how the company stacks up against the rest of the industry and similar manufacturers in the area.
Inviting its second shift employees and the company's management, JR Machine used the trip to Innovation Days as a team building exercise. The company chartered a bus to take its team members to the event in style and treated staff to dinner at the Five O’Clock Club in Milwaukee. Fourteen JR Machine employees were in attendance.
JR Machine also closes down the shop biennially to travel to the International Manufacturing Technology show in Chicago. The trip is not mandatory, but JR Machine sees almost 100 percent attendance every time.
Outings like these strengthen JR Machine’s culture of continuous improvement. In providing employees with a better understanding of the industry’s future, the experiences drive engagement and encourage JR Machine’s team members to take pride in their career.